Sunday, September 25, 2011

But In Case You Forgot - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings


Prog or not. This DT album is absolutely incredible. Unlike most albums you buy, there is nothing on this one that I'd pass on. You know.. you put one in, and forward to your favorite one(s). Not here. One through six it's amazing - especially 5 & 6. I don't see how anyone couldn't feel something during the combined tracks of "The Best of Times" and "The Count of Tuscany". It's the best 32 minutes of music I have ever heard. Yeah I just said that:

1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. A Rite of Passage
3. Wither
4. The Shattered Fortress
5. The Best of Times
6. The Count of Tuscany

I think about my father every time I listen to "The Best of Times". My idol, Mike Portnoy wrote the song for his father, who had just passed away. I cry with him. I always do. This album is so incredible. The solo on "The Best of Times" is one of the best I've ever heard, and "The Count of Tuscany" is probably the best song DT has ever recorded. No wait.. It is most certainly the best DT song ever recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment