Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Incredible Rock Music Era 1: Sept. 1983 - Sept. 1984

What an incredible year for hard rock releases. I was in 7th grade, and transitioning my piano-trained mind from the likes of Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, popular rock like Prince, Billy Squier, and Night Ranger - to the likes of some harder bands. Def Leppard was instrumental in this transition. One of the best albums of all time, Def Leppard's Pyromania was still in my head, and going strong since its January, 1983 release, and I've just began with my first drum set. Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" was a highlight in my growth as a drummer, as I was featured on my set in our 8th grade band's performance of it in fall of 1984. The rest is history:

Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil - Sept. 1983


Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon - Dec. 1983


Van Halen - 1984 - Jan. 1984


Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith - Jan. 1984


Ratt - Out of the Cellar - Mar. 1984


Rush - Grace Under Pressure - Apr. 1984


Scorpions - Love at First Sting - May 1984


Metallica - Ride The Lightning - July 1984


Dokken - Tooth and Nail - Sept. 1984


Iron Maiden - Powerslave - Sept. 1984


Queensryche - The Warning - Sept. 1984

(A preview of what's to come in another era..)

What an incredible year of rock releases, huh? Rush is really the only one who is on this list, but whose prior songs were really more prevalent than their newest release during this period. So began my backtrack to the BEST Rush, and the beginnings of Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Van Halen. Another Era will also be showing you The Cult, who has by this time already introduced their debut album, plus one. Pink Floyd and Boston were both kind-of in hiatus. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment