Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm All Messed Up, But I'm Back!


Well we're home from a great vacation, which was brought to an end with a bang!

My brother-in-law and I had a bunch of beer and vodka on what amounted to our last night there. I was on my way out the back door with a couple of vodka drinks at 5am, slipped on the welcome mat on the way out, sprained my ankle and hit the ground 4 feet below on my back right side. (Here's the same steps in a picture from last year.) B-I-L says I hit no other steps on my way down - just the ground.

Anyway the image above is from my wife's camera a few minutes after the fall. She was taking pictures of us through windows and laughing, believe it or not (I can). You can see the two little red plastic cups lying there too.

I went right to bed, and woke up a few hours later in major pain, so I went to the ER. Long story short, I've since flown home (as is always the case - had to walk from one side of Dulles airport to the other for our connecting flight.. on a bad ankle.. not fun), been to another ER, and to a urologist - In addition to the bad ankle sprain, I also have a burst adrenal gland, and many bruised ribs.

So I'm on a hydrocodone diet for a few days, and I will be resuming posts shortly. Today is the first day where my pain level has dropped to something that's at least manageable. And yeah it's my insides, not my ankle. I'm shocked that 15 x-rays found no broken ribs.

Here's my ankle a few minutes ago (almost 60 hours after the fall):

2 comments:

  1. Damn,look what happens when you try to have fun! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ain't that the truth! I guess we pushed it a bit far.. I'm feeling a lot better today, thanks! Gonna be a few weeks though probably..

    ReplyDelete