Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bait


Image Source

I went fishing this morning, but after a short time I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bass bait.

So knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth, I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bitten. So I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels, and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. His eyes then rolled back, and he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog. Whew!

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth!



Life is good in the South!




Thanks Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment