Monday, December 27, 2010

The Contraction / No Contraction Contradiction


Image Source

Thursday:     "Imagine if you could take Kevin Love off Minnesota and add him to another team and you shrink the [league]," James said Thursday. "Looking at some of the teams that aren't that great, you take Brook Lopez or you take Devin Harris off these teams that aren't that good right now and you add him to a team that could be really good. Not saying let's take New Jersey and let's take Minnesota out of the league. But hey, you guys are not stupid, I'm not stupid, it would be great for the league."

My dominant lingering thought was "You are NOT bigger than the league, my friend!"

Today:     James said that he never intended to advocate contraction in recent comments he made about the league's "watered down" talent level compared to the 1980s. "That's crazy, because I had no idea what the word 'contraction' meant before I saw it on the Internet," James said after the Miami Heat's practice Monday. "I never even mentioned that. That word never even came out of my mouth. I was just saying how the league was back in the '80s and how it could be good again. I never said, 'Let's take some of the teams out.' "

My dominant lingering thought is now "You are NOT a very good liar, either."

No comments:

Post a Comment