Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"My Bad" - Manute Bol?


Here's one of the many articles I've seen recently about this topic. (Via) It's about time I type what I've been thinking ever since I first heard this piece of nonsense, following the death of former NBA player Manute Bol. No doubt many, many of you who are athletic and between the ages of oh.. 37 and 43 can probably vouch for what I'm about to say.

I'm gonna call BS on this. While I realize that a lot of the media may have been trying to credit someone "famous" for this little saying, I know for a fact that we were saying this to each other on the basketball court, the baseball field, and everywhere 7'7" Manute Bol - Source

else -- in the weight room, when we tossed a can of skoal out of our buddy's reach, or when guys were gonna get mad because we farted at the wrong time -- back in the late 80's. Heck we may have been saying it as early-on as middle school sports, which would be 1983-1985 for me.

I mean yeah I'm sorry the guy lost his life at a young age, but damn, there's no way he coined that phrase, and was the sole reason it became commonplace ..likely all across the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment