Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It Was Metallica At Their Peak

~~Here's Your Language Warning~~



Just took a little trip down memory lane. I saw a post at Gorilla Mask dot com regarding the best "passover" rock song, and the article was about Creeping Death. You can read it here.

Anyway, it led me down a 30 minute road to try and find footage of my memories from the Wherever We May Roam Tour in support of their 1991 Black Album. The diamond-shaped stage. The lucky guys who were down there inside the diamond. "One" live! Hetfield with his foot on his monitor and hand slowly waving across the horizon, chanting:


"And my ties are severed clean
Less I have the more I gain
Off the beaten path I reign"




Great seats all around. Drum set rotating... omg! They were at their prime then. And it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. And I've been to a ton!

No, I didn't go in Moscow with 1.5 million people, it was either Austin or San Antonio. It was a 3-hour set with no opening band, and left me blown away. One distinct memory from that night was the portion of Creeping Death during which 20,000 people - all in one building - are all yelling "DIE" - on beat - in unison.. At our show, James didn't tell us what to do, everyone knew what to do, and it was surreal.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that concert, It was in Austin. It was kick-ass. Best concert I have ever been to Also.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete